Last week of March. Late this afternoon I took to the trails with the trail boss’ to check on progress. Today was a dreary day with the temperature hitting a high of plus 4 C. So the temperatures are starting to get better. We still have a good two feet of snow in the bush. The sap is running, albeit quite slow so far. And most of what is in the buckets is frozen. Depending on just how the temps fluctuate over the next couple of days we could be boiling by the weekend. We have everything else ready to go, just waiting on the golden nectar from the trees. As we checked lines and buckets today, I began making mental notes of some areas we can expand next year.
In the meantime, make it maple.